2013 in Review - Ready for 2014

Well... 2013 seemed to pass by so quickly I barely remember much of it. I felt like I was always working just to stay on top of everything I needed to get done. I had a lot of great shoots in 2013, a few struggles, and as always, lessons learned.

2013 saw a huge uptick in the number of personal shoots I managed to schedule and shoot, which was something I really wanted to improve. I hope that trend follows into the new year. I had some exciting new clients join the roster, and I had to say goodbye to a favorite due to the difficulty of magazines surviving the current economic climate.

As a photographer, I think my workflow has been cleaned up and my shooting style has evolved and refined. More personally, I hope I've grown as a person, and especially as a husband, and that I'll continue that road of improvement for the years to come.

I had a great time photographing with the US Coast Guard in Los Angeles last summer, and shortly after that, in Panama with both SENAN and the Panama Metro. I've also had a blast here in Phoenix shooting with some fantastic subjects, from Payson FD, to Derrick Hall of the Arizona Diamondbacks, to a world famous pianist, and so many others from artists to government officials.

I'm excited about 2014, I'm genuinely looking forward to what this year has in store. There are already a few blog posts I'm looking forward to sharing once their issues come out over the next few months.

Thanks to everybody for your support, your encouragement, and your help. Below I'll post some of my favorite tearsheets from the year to close this out, and please check back soon for some new posts as this year gets rolling.

Happy New Year!

Arizona Diamondbacks president, Derrick Hall, photographed at Chase Field, Phoenix

Brazilian pianist Michele Adler Cohen, photographed at the Musical Instrument Museum, Phoenix
 
QCM Technologies CEO Jorge Quintero, in Scottsdale
 
CEO of Fulton Homes, Doug Fulton, photographed in Chandler, AZ.
 
SCF Arizona CEO Don Smith, photographed in his downtown Phoenix office
 
My nephew, Landan, and fire captain Deazy, photographed for JEMS Magazine in Fountain Hills, AZ.
 
For Commercial Executive Magazine.
 
For Commercial Executive Magazine
 
For JEMS Magazine article on infant hyperthermia
 
Realtor Jan Kabbani for Residential Executive Magazine
 
SCF Arizona CEO Don Smith for C-Level Magazine.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts