Southwest Ambulance / Green Energy: Part Two

I already blogged Wednesday night after I got home from the first shoot with Southwest Ambulance. This morning I shot the second half, and spent most of the remainder of today editing. We set up the shoot for JEMS Magazine and I could not have had more fun with the Southwest crews and staff. Awesome people.


Continue Inside...

This morning I had wanted to do lots of general EMS shots, CPR, IVs, pediatric stuff, airway maintenance.... but I just could not get a subject on short enough notice. Instead, we did some general product shots and a few more portraits.

Beside the panning shot above, I did interior shots, roof shots of the panel, and just covered my bases with safe shots while trying so riskier ones (of course!) as well. After an hour or so of product shots, I set up to do a few more portraits of a different crew than Wednesdays session. The sun was still just coming up at about 7:30, so I planned on the sun being one rim light, so I set up a second rim light, a main light, and placed a light inside the ambulance to fill it in.

I'm still not entirely sure what happened, but for some reason, the light inside the ambulance would not fire except every 1 out of 7 or 8 shots. I switched out battery packs, lampheads, and pocketwizards, but to no avail. My only thought is that there was something in the ambulance interfering with the radio signals between my PWs(?). Weird.

So while I was fiddling with lights and scrapping my idea for the light inside the ambulance, I had on of the medics stand in to help me light test, and that shot became one of my favorites from the two days:


So after another mini-session of portraits from various high and low angles, we called it a wrap. It was an incredibly successful shoot, both parts, and I couldn't be more appreciative of the Southwest staff for being so accommodating. They were up for anything, and really went out of their way to make the shoot a success.




Comments

Popular Posts